Stunningly contemporary design allied with the rugged durability of solid ply and aluminium extrusions make the Atlantic the 21st century choice for English pool.
The aluminium extruded top rails hug the cushions along their entire length for maximum ball response and consistency.
Whether in striking Silver, Allegro marble or a wide range of standard and custom formicas, the Atlantic delivers ProActive cushion response on a true championship table. If you take your pool seriously, play on a serious table, play on a SAM Atlantic. Atlantic tables have been used at the Annual BAPTO Pool finals for more than 15 years. BAPTO is the UK’s longest running, largest and most prestigious, pub pool championships.
English UK pool was conceived as a bar game that borrowed the skill and tactics from snooker, that British players were familiar with, played on a smaller table suitable for British pubs and bars. Innovative at the time, red & yellow balls are now synonymous with pool in the UK and the game has developed into a serious sport in its own right with a nationwide network of leagues and tournaments played to professional standards.
SAM Pool tables feature totally aluminium extruded top frames. All top frame components are bolted metal to metal, reducing movement and wear, and the frame fits more accurately to the cabinet.
The real genius of the ProActive system is in the cushion fit.
- Cushions are profiled to match the aluminium top and secured by a full length plate.
- Standard 10mm bolts fit snugly into the extrusion and give consistent cushion response along the whole length. The simple fitting routine needs no special tools.
- The cushion can never be fitted at the wrong height dispensing with the need for metal cushion strips that are unsightly and disturb the players’ bridging action.
- The top frame is clamped to the slate creating a contiguous playing surface that can be levelled as one unit for super accuracy.
- Top players have likened the ball response achieved to that of a steel block snooker table.
ProActive cushions provide the most accurate and consistent cushion response ever achieved on any coin operated pool table and will delight the seasoned players of UK 8 ball and 9 ball American pool devotees.
The Plywood construction of the carcass gives SAM tables great strength and durability, without excess weight. Less susceptible to damp conditions, easier to repair when damaged and harder wearing at joints and fixings than the more commonly used MDF.
There is no substitute for slate when it comes to a level playing field. A natural material hewn from the great mountain ranges of the world, diamond honed to perfection by SAM, stored and prepared in just the right environment to ensure perfect level when installed.
SAM tables are easy to level with just a 13mm open ended spanner. No lifting of the table required at all so no help required and greater accuracy can be achieved with your spirit level.
Champion table feature carpeted internal ball runs to reduce the noise as balls return to the baulk end exit box.
Delivery and Assembly
This table comes in 6 pieces - 4 x legs, carcass and slate (already covered in your choice of cloth colour). They are incredibly simple to assemble with the legs bolting to the carcass and the slate sitting within the carcass and the top clipping down to hold it in place. The table is levelled with a normal builders level by adjusting the screw in feet with a spanner.
We offer 3 options for delivery of your table:
- Kerbside delivery direct from the manufacturer, you are responsible for moving the table into your home and assembling it.
- Delivery by our team of skilled fitters to a ground floor location, we will bring your table in and set it up ready for you to play on.
- Delivery by our team of skilled fitters to a room located upstairs or downstairs, we will bring the table in and set it up ready for you to play on.
You will need to ensure that the table will be able to gain access to the room you require, if you have any questions or concerns regarding enough access for the table please contact us first as you will still be charged if the table is unable to be delivered to your room of choice.
Normal delivery time for this table is 4 - 6 weeks as they are made to order.
*Delivery and installation UK Mainland only, excludes The Highlands, Northern Island, Channel Islands including postcodes - AB, BT, DD, EX, FK, GY, HS, IM, IV, KA, KW, KY, PA, PH, PL, TA, TQ, TR and ZE. For delivery to these areas please contact us for a price.
Due to the specialist nature of this table it is essential that access is not restricted and that we are advised of any restrictions which will cause difficulty in delivering and installing your table, i.e. stairs, steps, grass slopes or uneven terrain. If you have any restricted access please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can advise if any additional charges will apply.